We are looking to hire someone this fall to assist with collection of data and assisting growers and industry partners with completing AIM-related agronomy projects.
Role: Assisting the Project Lead for the Agronomy Initiative for Marketable yield (AIM) with grower trials in the fall of 2018, as well as assisting other industry partners where necessary. Starting in November, position would transition to assisting AAFC research staff with evaluation of tubers for wireworm damage.
- Assisting with collection of potato samples and related data collection
- Soil sampling
- Some data preparation/analysis
- Evaluation of tubers for wireworm damage
Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to do physical labour. Will be required to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle. Assistant may be required to travel independently to sampling locations on farm. Mileage will be paid when this is required.
Good time management and communication skills essential
- Attention to detail essential
Interest in agriculture preferred
- Post-secondary education in agricultural science or biology preferred
- Criminal background check will be required for working with AAFC staff at Charlottetown Research Station.
Subject to experience and education. Starting at $16.00/hour
Resumes can be emailed to Ryan Barrett, Research & Agronomy Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 17th, 2018