The Prince Edward Island Potato Board is looking to recruit a new Junior Agronomist to work with our growers and industry partners to conduct field research and assist with grower extension projects. The PEI Potato Board represents the potato growers of PEI and is active in research and extension programs to benefit potato growers in growing marketable yields and profits while improving environmental sustainability.
- Assist with data collection related to research trial and grower field trials, including tuber samples, soil samples, and other relevant data.
- Assist growers with set up/implementation of trials in the spring.
- Supervision of field trials during the growing season, as necessary.
- Assisting the Research & Agronomy Coordinator with organizing/implementing grower extension events.
- Assisting the Research & Agronomy Coordinator with literature review and creation of extension reports/documents on project topics of interest.
- Training with other agronomists and industry collaborators on projects of mutual interest for the PEI Potato Board and the Agronomy Initiative for Marketable yield (AIM).
- Additional projects relating to knowledge transfer and communications.
- Sc. or M.Sc. in Agriculture from accredited university
- Eligibility for P.Ag. and/or CCA desired
- Coursework in plant/crop science
- Experience in potato industry ideal but not required
- Ability to do physical labour (field trial work)
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills and an openness to learn
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision while also being a good team member
- Comfort with spreadsheets/presentation software and database/statistical software
- Candidate will report to Research & Agronomy Coordinator and PEI Potato Board General Manager
- Competitive salary according to qualifications. Starting May 2019.
- PEI Potato Board office located in Charlottetown, PEI. Will involve travel around the province.
- Successful candidate must have driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Please submit cover letter and CV by April 3rd, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.