Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
AAFC Harrington Farm, 1200 Brackley Point Road, Harrington, PE
Tour starts at 1:30 pm.
1:30 to 2:30 pm AAFC/PEIPB Potato Variety Evaluation Plot Tour
- Includes varieties from AAFC Accelerated Release Program and PEIPB/CHC Variety Evaluation Project.
- Includes fresh market, chip, and French fry varieties
2:30 to 3:30 pm Tour of additional potato research trials, including:
- Ethylene treatment for seed potatoes (AIM-AAFC)
- Alternative Crop Rotation studies (PEIPB-AAFC)
- Alternative forage mixtures demo plots (AIM-AAFC)
Also, the following meeting is happening the morning of September 12th for those interested:
Ukko Agro – Late Blight Forecasting
Ukko Agro team is back in PEI on September 11 and 12. Come listen to Craig Dingwell (Dingwell Farms), over breakfast, talk about his experience of using Ukko Agro’s late blight prediction system for 2018 season. Ukko Agro team will also be sharing future developments such as expansion to early bight for the 2019 season and answering questions on how their system could benefit you. You can also meet with the Ukko Agro team in Summerside on September 11. Please feel free to contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 437-993-5848 to setup meetings in Summerside.
Location for grower meeting in Charlottetown – Room 105, PEI Farm Centre, 420 University Avenue
Time and Date – September 12 at 09:30 AM